No, there is no requirement that anyone take on the role of guardian. However, with no one available to make decisions for your mother, the nursing home may decide it has to seek guardianship on its own, in which case the court would appoint an independent person with no previous connection to your mother.
- Can the Executor of My Grandfather’s Will Keep What’s in a Joint Account?
- Medicare Would Cover Dental, Vision, and Hearing Under Senate Democrats’ Spending Plan
- Be Careful Not to Name Minors as Your Beneficiaries
- Britney Spears Case Offers Lessons on Guardianship
- Estate Planning Focus: Joint Accounts
- Hello world! on