No, there is no requirement that anyone take on the role of guardian. However, with no one available to make decisions for your mother, the nursing home may decide it has to seek guardianship on its own, in which case the court would appoint an independent person with no previous connection to your mother.
- Nursing Home Did Not Prove That Transfers from Resident to Agent Under a POA Were Fraudulent
- State Bans on Mandatory Hospitalization Requirements Do Not Apply to LTC Policies Already in Effect
- The Attorney’s Role in Medicaid Planning
- In 2022, Social Security Beneficiaries Will See the Biggest Increase in 39 Years
- 8 Tips for Having ‘The Talk’ with Elderly Parents
- Hello world! on