You may or may not have any rights as a spouse, depending on state law. The durable power of attorney gives you certain legal and financial powers to act on behalf of your spouse, but these don’t necessarily extend to medical information. For that, you would need a health care proxy or durable power of attorney for health care (depending on which is used in the state in which you reside). A more extreme option would be going to court to be appointed guardian for your wife. Your elder law attorney could advise you on the best approach. You might see if there is a nursing home ombudsperson or elder protective services agency that could assist you.